alcohol and ruins

Thursday, July 22, 2004

16th July - Chicago

I thought I had been transported back to Scotland - it's cold and it's raining. At a break in the rain went to Navy Peir a Tourist site of shops, fair ground, bars etc. We found no shops, it was too rainey to do fun fair activities so bar was all we could do.

A few hours later a break in the rain we left a bit worse for ware.

That night we went for cocktails on the 96th floor of the John Hancock Tower in the Signature lounge. The views over Chicago at night all lit up were amazing until a big cloud covered them. The only thing now in view were all the spiders and flys clinging to the sides of the building now visible against the white clouds. Mairi was a bit distressed I tried to turn the converstation intellectual by having a discussion about the extensive habitats these insects can live at - but no takers instead we had another cocktail - which I must add were very nice.

We went round the corner back to the bars Pauline and I had seen the night before to let Mairi see all the old men with the young women. The worst was in the Frog pub - a Saddam lookalike kissing the shoulder of a young woman in a very low cut pink frock - may have been the real Saddam who knows - Yuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home