19th July - Pauline going home
We wandered downtown in the morning to do our last site seeing and tourism activities. We tried to get on the 'EL' the elevated trains but could not find where to buy a ticket and ended up in an underground instead so gave up on the idea and went to Millennium park for a nosey around. We ended up having lunch at the Chicago Putting Greens so after lunch we had a wee gold tournament. First hole Pauline got a hole in one and it all went way down hill after that. Some of the holes were really quite hard - each of the 18 had been designed by a proper Golf Course designer therefore the greens had all sorts of slants and twists just to hack us off no end.
The scores, well I could lie but I lost - Pauline won but I think she was cheeting and Mairi was in the middle.
At 17:00 Pauline bid us a fond farewell (actually she called us a pair of bitches for continuing when she was returning to cold Scotland and work - ha ha ha!)
Mairi and I went for some dinner and to bed early as our flight to Vancouver is at 08:50 - total hell.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home