29th Sep - Back to dry land.
Arrived back in Quito and was very sad this was the first time I really didn`t want to move on the Galapagos were so fab. We hitched a ride to a hostel with Matt and Sahra and got a room pretty cheap. We met up with another few from the boat and had curry for dinner - well we are all British and curry is the great british food!
I acutally felt more land sick than sea sick - I think I had got quite used to the rocking of the boat and felt strange on dry land. I had to sway from side to side just to say upright.
La Mariscal - the area we`re staying in, in Quito is really fantastic. Lot´s of bars and restuaurants and people. It has a really European feel to it and not at all poor - it´s hard to belive your in South America here.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home