4th Feb - Starting Over
We've been so busy the last three days we haven't thought about today, going our seperate ways. During breakfast we discuss who'll be on my trip and hope it's the tall goodlooking guy from the lift - no chance.
Funny after 7 months neither Mairi or I have much to say, I think I would have had a tear in my eye if we did and I didn't want to look like a big woose infront of the tour group. We hugged and said a quick goodbye and I was off. It's been a really good seven months and I have to thank Mairi for coming up with the idea, letting me come with her and putting up with me for so long - she deserves a medal - Mairis away back to Bangkok and I'm off on a new adventure.
On the bus there are a couple of Swedish couples, an Argentinian girl and a few English people. The bus trip is 5 hours long and we arrive in Chiang Khong a large town on the Mekong river in the late afternoon.
I go out to find dinner and an internet only to find the 2 Swedish couples filling in forms. I join them filling in a form for a Laos visa - I hand over my passport, the form and a pile of money to some woman thinking everything here is done so much on trust.
Dinner is free and across the roas a bar is playing a film so I join the sweedish couples for the make sift cinema and a few beers.
First day alone - fine and not alone much at all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home